Are you the type of person who hits the snooze button every morning, rolls out of bed, grabs a cup of yogurt as you’re heading out the door, and feels like you’re playing catch-up the rest of the day? The reason you may be feeling this way is because of your hectic morning routine. With a more intentional morning routine that is customized for you, you can be more productive, set a better tone for the day, and even convert to being a morning person!
Why Set a Morning Routine?
Creating a morning routine allows you to take more control of your life. By being intentional, you’re automatically being proactive versus reactive. A morning routine allows you to start off strong in a positive way, and that has a ripple effect throughout the remainder of the day. Studies show that having a morning routine makes you more productive– since you are prioritizing your time; this in turn can also make you feel more confident. In addition, the mind-body connection is undeniable. If you start your day with a nourishing RM3®-approved breakfast, you’ll have energy to take on any challenges that may come up later.
Tips to Designing Your Morning Routine
Be consistent. Developing a daily routine is the same as developing a new habit, and eventually a lifestyle change. Make it a priority and commit to it every day for at least a month, making small tweaks along the way.
Be intentional. Think about how you want to use this sacred time. Do you want to work on a long-term goal, like your weight loss goal? Do you want to find peace in a noisy, chaotic household? Do you want to get your endorphins flowing with physical activity? Whatever you decide, should be customized to you.
Cherish the time. Whether it’s 10-15 minutes, or an hour, cherish this time. It’s your time, and it’s ever more crucial to your well-being because it is the beginning of the day. Remember that how you start your day will impact the rest of your day.
Inspiration for Your Morning Routine
Here’s a few ideas you can integrate into your morning routine:
- Prepare and eat a nourishing RM3-approved breakfast.
- Do light physical activity like yoga, walking, or stretching.
- Meditate and find inner calm. Silence the outside chaos.
- Read or write to get creative juices going.
- Practice gratitude by reflecting or journaling what you’re grateful for.
- Say your weight loss affirmations aloud and motivate yourself.
- Wake up at the same time every day, make sure to go to sleep early.
- Shut off all electronics if you want to disconnect.
- Review your calendar and prepare for your priorities.
- Have fun! This is your time!